Hin Daeng (Red Rock) is located just a few hundred meters south of Hin Muang (southwest of the Phi Phi Islands) and is visited by live-aboard boats operating from Phuket. Only the extreme tip of this huge pinnacle protrudes about the surface. It has only been in the last few years that divers have been routinely visiting this area drawn to this remote site by the almost constant presence the majestic Whale Shark and large schools of other species of fish and sharks.
The Southern side of the pinnacle drops off almost straight down to a depth of over 60 meters making it the deepest wall dive in Thailand. This unusual rock is mostly devoid of life with only a sparse coating of soft corals and a few sea fans. The Eastern side gently slopes off along two long narrow ridges until they disappear into darkness.
By descending along the wall to a depth of 30 meters you are likely to encounter huge schools of jack tuna sometimes so thick they appear as a solid wall of silver. Large Barracudas sweep past the ridge as they stalk the feeding Needle-Fish and Long Toms. The sheer amount of marine life you find here makes this one of the best dive sites in the kingdom.
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration