Most serious divers will opt for one of the better dive-sites farther offshore but some interesting dive-sites are located off the west coast of Phuket Island and include Patong Bay, Freedom Beach, Paradise Beach, and Bang Tao Beach near the airport. These sites offer easy and pleasant diving in shallow water (mostly 5-6 meters) and are easily reached from shore making them popular for both snorkeling and as training areas for scuba diving classes. One of the best areas is right off the beach in Kata in the narrow strait that separates it from Ko Po the small islet in the center of the bay.
Also try the rocky point at the north end of the bay where a coral reef just breaks the surface at low tide and runs parallel to the beach. You will find colorful reef fish and occasionally a harmless Whitetip Reef Shark can be seen feeding near the reef. These areas are used for training classes, during bad weather and by night diving enthusiasts. It is possible to arrange for half-day dive trips from many dive shops in Patong and Kata. Care must be taken while diving (or for that matter while swimming or even wading) to avoid the numerous jet-skis and long-tail boats operating along these beaches.
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
- Phuket FantaSea Cultural Theme Park
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Introduction to City Tour
- Phuket Thai Cookery School Session with Market Tour
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Elephant Trekking & Performance
- 3-Day Bike Adventure to Khao Sok & Cheow Lan Lake
- Half-Day Jungle Safari with Thai Cooking & Boxing Demonstration